This blog post from the Chicago Tribune has been making the rounds lately, for good reason.
I would add:
- You love working weekends because that’s when the more interesting assignments occur
- You shudder at the phrase “building mug”
- Your diet has turned into cigarettes and to-go cups of coffee
- Instead of saying “National Geographic” you say “Nat Geo”
- You shoot a beautiful daylight scene at ISO 3200 because you forgot to change your settings from the night before
- You argue with fellow photographers about the best camera settings. Aperture Priority vs. Manual, back focus button vs. front, etc.
- You have more hard drives than pairs of shoes
- You cuss like a mother fucking sailor.